Build your foundation today so you can thrive tomorrow.
These questions pull for your values, interests, challenges and perhaps priorities… all things to explore with each other as you contemplate working as a team.
Discuss these questions when you are relaxed and have ample time, perhaps over a nice dinner.
1. What gives me energy in life? (People, places, things, activities)
2. What sucks energy out of me? (People, places, things, activities)
3. What do I want to be really good at?
4. What would I attempt if I knew positively I would not fail?
5. Ask your partner, “What can I do to bring out the best in you?”
6. Ask your partner, “What do I do that brings out the worst in you?”
7. How would you structure your time and energy if you were literally the last person on earth? There would be nobody to impress, or get approval from and there is no need to accumulate wealth.
Rudyard Kipling’s quote beautifully sums up the interdependence of the individual and the group:
“For the strength of the pack is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”