Hostile Dependent

Utilize the Initiator-Inquirer Process in Couples Therapy

… Stop Angry, Hostile Fighting and Immediately Structure More Effective InteractionOne aspect of our developmental model is the Initiator-Inquirer process for effective communication. This process sounds simple, but is actually rich and multi-dimensional. It can be used with couples at all of the different developmental stages. Couples are taught two roles: The Initiator- 1. Brings up one and only one issue/problem 2. Uses “I messages” to describe thoughts and feelings about the issue 3. Describes the issue without blame or name calling 4. Is open to learning more about him/herself than was known before he/she started talking The Inquirer- 1.… Read more...
Menu Title