How Do You Know You Are Making the Right Decision About
Choosing a Couples Therapist?
The reality is – you won’t know for sure until you have one or two meetings. But that can be expensive in terms of time and money.
It’s like a blind date. Research is important. The more you find out before meeting in person, the shorter your search can be.
We are an institute. This means highly trained couples therapists and access to more enriching resources than any single practitioner could provide. We like the word free, and think you might like it too.
For example, while you are working with your Couples Institute therapist you have free access to archived, privileged online information. In this special private area of our website, you will find audios, articles, and demonstrations of Dr. Ellyn Bader and Dr. Peter Pearson teaching you how to tackle thorny relationship problems.
These cutting edge tools, skills and insights can accelerate the growth of your relationship. This saves enormous time, energy, and money which increases the value of the time spent in the therapy office.
Imagine having easy, accessible help between sessions on a wide variety of couples issues including:
- Revitalizing your sexual relationship.
- How to stop fighting about how to raise your children – with one discussion! Is that a bold promise, or what?
- Super negotiating for couples. A step by step approach for negotiating the toughest problems.
- The four-step Safe and Sane communication process that can have you communicating like champs – sooner than you thought possible. (Another bold claim for sure.)
- How to rapidly recover from a nasty argument. Stop the cold shoulders or aggressive escalations.
- How and why one region of your brain is the trigger for most of the distress in your relationship and how to use that information to reduce or eliminate trauma.
And much more! We have over 40 hours of audios in our collection, and you can listen to these trainings while you get personalized guidance and feedback from your specially trained Couples Institute therapist.
Other advantages from The Couples Institute
- Your therapy starts before the first meeting. You will be given the document, “How To Get the Most Out of Couples Therapy.” It gives you an overview of what you could expect from us, and our thoughts about how relationships change.
- Information describing the Stages of Successful Relationships. This will enable you to identify where you are stuck and where you want to go.
- If you request it, you may have a free copy of our very popular book, Tell Me No Lies, How to Face the Truth and Build a Loving Marriage. Here we describe how to change negative, painful cycles and develop a relationship based on honesty with compassion.
It is a given that we care about your progress, but our caring does not stop when the hour is up. We encourage you to give us feedback between sessions about your successes and challenges. We want the time in the office to be as productive and constructive as possible.
Our therapists will recommend a longer session for your first appointment. This enables them to understand your situation and most of the time can start making headway in the first session.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit, let’s get started. Just complete the form in the box to your right or pick up the phone and give us a call at 650-327-5915 or 877-327-5915.
We’ll be back in touch within 24 hours or on the next business day.