Home ShopTherapist ResourcesDevelopmental Model Advanced Training – Level 2

No products in the cart.

Developmental Model Advanced Training – Level 2

Developmental Model Advanced Training – Level 2

$117.00 / month

If you've completed The Developmental Model Level 1 training program and you want to really specialize in couples therapys, a deeper understanding and how it can bring pivotal change, you're eligible to join this program.

SKU: 1409387484 Categories: ,


‘You’ll receive:
  • Advanced level clinical training calls with Ellyn
  • Access to recordings of all past Advanced Training Calls
  • New, more advanced material
  • Special Training Sessions
  • Calls with Pete on addressing your personal countertransference
  • Continuing Education credits*
  • Access to Level 1 new training calls
  • Continued access to all archived Bonus Calls with guest experts like Dan Siegel, Esther Perel, and others; and ability to attend new Bonus Calls.
  • Being part of a supportive therapist community
  • Continued access to all client handouts to support your work in sessions
  • Opportunity to present your own case for consultation and analysis

This is an ongoing monthly commitment. You can cancel at anytime.

*After completing 12 months of this course most healthcare professionals can earn 27 CE credits. Prior to registering, please review CE and disclosure information, and complete course details by clicking here. At this time because of CE Board regulations we are unable to offer CE for your third year in training.

A Glossary of Terms that are sometimes Confusing

Couples Therapy is a counseling procedure that seeks to improve the adjustment of two people who have created an interdependent relationship. There are no standard procedures to help two people improve their adjustments to each other. Generally, a more experienced therapist will offer more perspectives and tools to a couple. Length of treatment will depend on severity of problems, motivation and skills of the therapist. A couple can be dating, living together, married or separating and may be gay, lesbian or heterosexual.

Marriage Therapy is a term often used interchangeably with marriage counseling. The term marriage implies two people have created a union sanctioned by a government or religious institution. The methods used in marriage counseling, marriage therapy and couples therapy are interchangeable and depend more on the specific challenges of each unique couple.

Psychotherapy is one or more processes to help improve psychological and emotional functioning. Examples are psychoanalysis, cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, Gestalt therapy, Transactional Analysis, Rational-Emotive therapy, or group therapy. Many forms of psychotherapy are blends of different approaches. For example, newer forms of psychotherapy called energy psychology draw upon recent advances in brain and neuroscience. These approaches often build on cognitive behavioral methods.

Clinical Psychologist. After graduating from college, it usually takes about five years of graduate school to get a Ph.D. in Psycholgy. It then requires an additional two years of supervision and passing a written (and often) an oral exam. There are a few states that allow psychologists to prescribe medications (with additional training) but that is uncommon.

Psychiatrist. After graduation from medical school, there is a generally a 4-year psychiatric residency. After the completion of this training, psychiatrists must pass an exam issued by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology to obtain certification and legally practice in the field. Psychiatrists can prescribe medications.

Clinical Social Worker. This profession usually requires two years of study after obtaining an undergraduate degree. While specific licensure requirements vary by state, most require clinical social workers to obtain 3,000 hours or 2 years of supervised clinical experience, after obtaining a Masters degree. Social workers can also specialize in diverse fields such as human services management, social welfare analysis, community organizing, social and community development, and social and political research.

Marriage and Family Therapist. Obtaining this license requires a Masters degree which takes approximately two years of post graduate study. The license also requires 3000 hours of supervised work and passing written exams.

The Couples Institute. We have assembled a group of top notch therapists at The Couples Institute. Whatever marriage help or marriage advice you are looking for, we are here to serve you. While most other therapists see only a few couples a week, we specialize in marriage and couples relationships, working to develop and bring you the most current and effective approaches to couples therapy. For more information about couples therapy or marriage counseling, see our couples therapy section.